Sunday, September 17, 2006

Observations

Congrats to the Broncos for winning the ugliest game ever, but hey, a win is a win...especially against the Cheifs. Also, congratulations to Utah State for being the worst football team in all of college football. They have had convincing losses (20-0,38-7, and 48-0), and without an offensive td yet this season. At least when I went to school there they made you think that you could win until the fourth quarter, unlike now when the game clock starts, people already start leaving in order to avoid the crowds and get home faster. I love how all the football players acted like they were so cool when you saw them in the hall, then they got mad if you didn't cheer when they were down 189 to 0. I never booed though, I will never boo any of my teams under any circumstances, just express frustration by throwing a pillow or writing a blog.
I started my other job on Saturday. It was funny because there is a camera above me that so that I can see myself all of the time on tv. I never noticed that I have a little bald patch on the back of my head. I always thought I could hang on to that a little bit longer, but all I can see on camera is the glow of my big white spot (my head) and my little white spot (also my head). The funny thing about being bald is that in the back of my mind I am always 18 years old and really, really rediculously good looking...then I look in the mirror and remember that I am almost 27. It happens a lot, does that happen to anyone else?

Happy Birthday to Gayle and Jo Ann, the big 50. I still remember the funniest birthday card I have ever read, Joel gave it to my mom a LONG time ago...There was an enormous ship being unloaded on a dock by a big crane with the phrase, "congratulations, your birthday candles have arrived!".

Joni and I went to the mall to watch people the other day. That is the only way I will go along...or if food is invloved. It is amazing how much people dress like thier friends and partners...and how people look like their cars and their dogs. If you haven't noticed it is amazing to watch, from the same shirts and hair styles, to shoes and tucking in and out your shirt. Airports are even more fun because there is a wider variety of peolple there. It is creepy too because so many couples look like they could be siblings, but then again in Texas maybe they are.

12 comments:

Moore Family said...

That was a really pathetic game today. I can't believe the Broncos won. I don't know, but I have a hunch that Jake's not going to be the starter by the end of the season. Two straight weeks without a touchdown and we have a lot of talent on both sides of the football. I think the fans have lost their patience with some of Jake's decision making and the rookie is talented - kind of throw back to Elway: strong arm, high draft pick, big guy, and looked really good in the pre-season. Jake's going to have to watch is back.

Anonymous said...

Paul I hope your second job is writing advice columns for the local newspaper...I think you'd be great!!!

Anonymous said...

Yep - - a bad, bad game - - -but I didn't get to watch it, as it wasn't carried on our dish network. Maybe that's good, from what I read and heard about it. I don't think Jake will ever be one of the really top quarterbacks, but Shanihan treats people like garbage when he doesn't think he needs them anymore - - -a good coach, I guess, but kind of a weasel, historically, in his treatment of players, even those who have been loyal to him.
Sorry about USU, Paul. But BSU was chosen by one of the ESPN guys as being the team most likely to have an undefeated season. Go BSU!

And I DO remember that card from Joel. He's always been a brave boy, huh? :) Have a great week.

Paul and Joni said...

Nobody will ever be Dan Reeves again to you mom. The GOOD thing about Shanahan is that he gives everyone a chance, no matter how much experience...Like starting an undrafted rookie running back. I hope Jake gets the chance to keep playing for a while too, but we'll see. Congrats to BSU for cracking the top 25.

Anonymous said...

I didn't care about Reeves that much - -just didn't like the shafting job than Shanahan and my favorite q-back did on him. Guess it's just his style.

Anonymous said...

Oops - - - pushed the wrong key - - To finish: The sad part is, if the Broncos continue to do poorly this year, it will be "Jake's Fault" - - -not Shanahan's for letting 3 of the best running backs around go! Gotta' have the strong running game! Handy scapegoat, looks to me!

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen the game yet. We'll watch the second half later today. I'm just grateful the "only true University" (Utah)did well. My condolences to you die hards. Remember Paul when there's no hair in front you're a thinker, when their's little hair in back, you're sexy. If you have both you only think you're sexy.

Anonymous said...

It's going to hurt when Utah suffers another home loss, this time to an opponent in an "inferior" conference. He he he.
I had a dream that I noticed a bold spot on the back of my head last night, I was suprisingly OK with it.
That stuff with Jake pisses me off (sorry for the language); is it really a suprise that he's not thriving on the pressure of having fans wait for his replacement following a really good year for him? I think Cutler will be great but I agree with mom's assesment of Shanahan, he's setting Jake up to fail.

Anonymous said...

I read more about the game today. Shannahan only called 2 passing plays the whole first half and Jake was 1 for 2. It wasn't until the 4th quarter when they needed something that Shannahan loosed the lease a little on Jake. Shannahan was putting the pressure on the defense and trying to prevent Jake from blowing the game, like he did last week. Over the next 2 weeks, Jake needs to have good performances - otherwise, I think Shannahan continues the transition to Cutler. Sad thing is, Jake doesn't have the same cocky swagger and confidence he once had. You'd hope his situation would motivate him. The fans have been brutal.

Joel said...

I made a blog, I don't know everyone's email so I figured I would put it here. Thanks for the free advertising, Paul.

Joel said...

Oh yeah, http://joelsdumbblog.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,