

FINALLY...the moment you have all been waiting for, actually Joni and I have but I don't know if everyone else is...we finanally drove home our car and we wanted to show off some pictures before the windows get bashed in next time we go to Target. Driving home in a new car is fun, you can't help but look all around in it, looking in the glove box (jockey box... for those of you from small towns who need an interpretation), looking at the spare tire and behind the seats...pretty much everything that you will probably never look at again, let alone care about a month from now. Then the next step is to check out what accessoires to add from Walmart like a cool new scent..or maybe even splurge and buy a steering wheel cover...we are not going to do that but I just thought of an old friend who bought a hideous white furry cover that ended up looking like a nappy cat a month later. We will definately buy a scent though. I think it is funny when people buy the "new car" scent when they drive an old beater, and there are fast food wrappers everywhere. Or when you buy a vanilla scent but there is an old vanilla popsicle stuck between the seats anyways. I personally like the "pine cone" scent because I can use it as a deodorant and car sanitizer all in one, if people ask I just tell them I was in a pine cone fight and it starts up a fun conversation, try it sometime.
I came up with a theory about being busy (another random and weird conversation Joni and I had while trying to go to sleep). We decided that everyone thinks they are busy all of the time, so here is proof to know if you are really a busy person. No matter what you do during the day, if you get 7 or more hours of sleep, you are not busy. This of course does not count sleep deprived individuals, but it does count naps. For instance... in case you are slow with math... if you sleep for six hours at night, then take at least an hour nap at work, you are not busy. If you sit around all day watching tv, that can be busy to someone, as long as you get your sleep. Lots of crappy things happen on a dialy basis, and life will always be like that, but get your sleep and everything that happens to you will just be another part of your day, and you don't even have to say that you were busy. So next time you think you have a million things on your plate, count how many hours of sleep you got, then tell me whether you are a busy person or not. Good theory eh? That reminds me of yet another great quote, this one from Joni's sister Andrea. "I am a GREAT multi-tasker, just don't bother me while I am thinking and I can do anything." I am always thankful for the people in my life that can make me laugh, whether it is at their expense or my own.
Thursday, September 7, 2006
Our new car
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
That thing is SWEET! I'm not even joking but I've been thinking about a compact little car that is cheep to drive for a while, that or a pickup truck, or nothing. Isn't is cool when you dream so realistically? One comment though, is it just the picture or does that thing have the smallest wheels ever? From your picture it looks like its on 4 spare tires, better watch out for potholes.
I feel like I'm busy and I get about 6.5 hours of sleep each night, do I qualify as busy?
Put some neons under that bad boy turn up the base and put on the nitrous tanks!!! Who needs a donkey when you are a street racer? Looks good. Get good insurance before hitting the Target again.
I now get 6-7 hours of sleep a day, but I’ve never considered myself totally busy. Even working full time and going to school/church callings/family on nights and weekends during grad school at my busiest and sleeping 4-5 hours a night, I always felt like there was room to breathe. Getting buried never seemed to last much longer than 2-3 weeks for me before I’d get some sort of reprieve. So I may be busy when compared to some…but it’s all a state of mind.
To answer your question the wheels are small, plus the doors are abnormally large so it makes it look kind of funny.
Cute car - - -looks like a cute little red stink bug - - with short legs! I like the neon light idea - - -pretty cool - - -but that might encourage the Target crowd too much. Maybe you can use this new definition for "flatulance" I read yesterday: "Flatulance" is an emergency vehicle that picks you up when your little car is run over by a steamroller." Seriously, the car is cute - - and should be great on mileage.Have a great day.
Busy is indeed a state of mind. I put in huge long days when teaching, and never felt "busy." - - -but always slept like a long for the few hours I did sleep. Now, when I get to plan my own day, I waste too much time - - and don't get REALLY tired, so have trouble sleeping well at night. I personally like "busy." What's the saying, "ask a busy person. . . "
. . . . Oh, how 'bout the new definition for "balderdash" - - a very rapidly receding hairline." - - - Ahem - - - can anyone relate? :)
Yaaay, I like our car too! I would write more but I'm way to busy :)
JONI
Cute new set of wheels!
I think I'm busy but then soap operas and bon bons will do that to a person but shhhh! don't tell Steve he thinks I really do things like clean and do laundry and grocery shop etc. during the day!!!!!! It will be our little secret!
Paul, I have an idea for your new security system for your sweet new wheels. You just need to get a little, yappy dog to sit in it while you're in Target!
Good idea for a car considering gas prices. I've always been "busy" as you know so well. The doc diagnosed it as sleep apnea with a low (30's) heartbeat. I get most of the good stuff done in the middle of the night. 4-5 hours is a typical night, even while retired.
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment