Thursday, September 14, 2006

Texas style wrestling

Sometimes I forget that I started a blog. I always check out other blogs in my family and I think how hard that would probably be to start a blog or how much time it would take to do write one all of the time...then I remember that I have one...sweet. Joni says I should put more pictures in the blog, and she is right, but I don't know how cool that would be to show a different picture of me or Joni every day. I could take a picture every day and show my age progression, then you could just scroll down with the mouse and see my hair fall out and turn gray over time...Joni would always look the same. Some guy at my work a while back asked if Joni was my daughter, I seriously couldn't beleive it. I know I look older than I am but come on. I remember in college when I lived with Glen and Joel, everyone thought that I was the oldest, or at least older than Joel...what do you say to that?...Thanks? Those were some fun times. I can't beleive I live in Texas and no one here knows about Texas style wrestling. For those of you who don't know what Texas style wrestling is, let me tell you. It's one of those trick things, you have to pick out some one who is really gullable (but won't cry), then you put a sleeping bag over thier head and tell them that they have to keep it on the whole time. Meanwhile, they think they are wrestling someone else in a sleeping bag, but what is really happening is that everyone watching is beating up on them. That sounds really mean but it is pretty funny to watch. This one time we ended up dragging this girl into some apartment and leaving her there...it was great...I can only imagine her face when she came out of the bag and saw a bunch of people she didn't know looking at her.

That reminds me of another fun game, rolling down the stairs in sleeping bags. Last time I was in Salt Lake I was trying to teach Carter how to do it. I really don't remember it hurting as much back then as it does now, plus kids must be smarter these days because Carter wouldn't do it but he insisted on watching me pulverize my tailbone over and over again. I just kept on doing it for some reason...maybe I am the one who got duped into it..anything to please a crowd I guess. Maybe I could invent Texas style wrestling in Texas. Has anyone ever heard of pouring peanuts into coke, then slurping them down? People around here think I am crazy because I have never heard of it. Maybe I will try it and let ya'll know how it goes. I am thinking about buying a cheap pair of golf clubs, any suggestions?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seem to get the whole “robbing the cradle” thing a lot too. Of course Jenny doesn’t help too much when she responds “Yes, Emmy was my Laurel project”. Alas, the huge bald head never does help in masking ones age. Luckily, if your genes are anything like mine, the hair runs off of the head before it has a chance to go gray.

If anyone makes fun of me again I’ll invite them to a Texas wrestling match.

I’ll have my “teenage” wife cheerleading for me.

Anonymous said...

If it's any consolation, Paul and Steve, the years DO catch up to these cute young wives, too. Believe it or not, I used to look way young for my age - - -Funny, no one mis-guesses my age by very far, any more. (No smartie comments or observations, please - - although I realize I'm just walkin' into them!) Jim has less wrinkles than I do, which isn't at all fair. He said it's because he has more facial plumpness - - but I don't think anyone has a "plump" forehead, where my main furrows are. Ah well! I'll try to grow old "gracefully" whatever that means!

Anonymous said...

Man, I don't exactly look like a young sprout. Plus I guess I joined the club by dating someone whoe looks younger than she is. She gets the " you look like you're 15" pretty often but dresses for work in "casual professional" (if there is such a thing) which makes it hard to think she's too young.

I feel like I'm embarassing myself, I'll stop now.

Anonymous said...

I live in too much denial to confess that my wife looks younger than me. Other people lie to me a lot and saw how young I look. When we sing "Beauty and the Beast" as a duet people have trouble figuring out who is beauty and who is the beast. Oh well, I'll just continue living in my fantasy world.

Anonymous said...

I'm running so darn fast the years won't have a chance to catch up with me!!!!
I actually have heard of the coke and peanuts thing, they do it in the book The Secret Life of Bees', it must be a southern thing.
No offense mom, but I don't know how any of you drink coke (or pepsi for that matter!!)
Paul you crack me up, love the blog!!!
Glad you got my title, I'm very lame compared to you!!!

Moore Family said...

I remember the first time I played Texas Wrestling. I ended up dislocating my elbow and going to the hospital. It was choir retreat my Junior year and the Senior suckered me into doing it. I went through the first game and got beat up pretty good, but didn't figure out what was going on and agreed to play one more time. The guys told me later that on the second game, some dude got a running start and knocked me cold on my back. I broke my fall with my elbow and walla, out of socket. The guys respected me after that... or maybe they just felt sorry for beating up on a skinny choir boy.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,