Monday, September 11, 2006

What happened to the Broncos?

It is hard to believe that five years have passed since the twin towers fell, Joni and I have been watching some shows on tv about some of the firemen on some home video footage that has been pretty cool. I remember one of the most memorable things about going to New York was going to ground zero. I hate to admit I wasn't excited to go see it, but it was totally worth it. There was an incredibly sad and empty feeling standing there next to all of the construction even though I had never even seen the towers up close in real life. I remember that day it all happened, I was cutting some oak shelves for a customer on a panel saw at work in the lumber yard...everyone kept telling me things were happening but my boss wouldn't even let me take a break to see what was going on, I didn't find out the extremity of everything until that evening when I got home...stupid boss.

Today I memorialized that moment five years ago by counting a billion little knick knacks for inventory. Imagine cleaning out someone else's closet that is only about 50,000 square feet...that's inventory. After the first ten hours my deodorant starts to fade a little, and my head gets really sticky from all of the sweat. I can't help but smell my armpits over and over again just to see if the smell gets any worse every ten seconds...but then my shirt sticks to my head every time I sniff. Not only do I sniff but I have to get in a HUGE sniff to make sure. Am I the only one who does that? I get really self conscious about smells from the body because I just can't understand how some people can't notice how bad they smell. In high school this guy in choir had the worst case of poo breath I had ever smelled...then I started wondering if I smelled like that. So I brought 4 breathmints to school everyday, one for every other period so that I could not possibly have stinky breath. So I wonder if I need to buy a holster for a canister of deodorant that I can use at free will when I feel like I stink. They should make air fresheners that can hang from your pit hair, or little fans in shirts...I think I am on to something

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, I can relate! You remember when I managed the Hawks' Nest outdoor restaurant at the ball field? I'd start at 1:00 p.m. setting reservations, checking menus, arranging tables, assigning stations, etc - - in the summer heat on the cement. By the time people began to arrive at 6, I'd be drenched - - -would have to go change in the stall of the public "facilities" - - -put clean clothes on a perspiration-covered body,(Yes - - -lots of Sure helped a bit - - and I COULD brush my teeth! - -wash the perspiration lines off my face and throw on a little make-up so I could attempt to look like the well-groomed professional manager type as people began to arrive! Fun! - - -and yet I liked the job! Fun people make the difference - - -and I got to be "substitute mom" for some ballplayers who have since gone to the big leagues. We're a bit crazy, I guess! We perspired plenty this summer putting in our "football field" of a lawn - - -but didn't have to be around anyone but each other when we were through for the day - - and could head for the shower! It will all end soon, Paul! Your good humor will find the fun in it, as usual!

Anonymous said...

What is the perspiration thing you people keep talking about? Is that where after sitting on a couch watching tv for several hours you have to get up to find the remote and unstick your pants from your bum?

Yes I agree....that is SO a pain!!! They should make pants that atomatically unstick themsleves so you never have to get up. Sheesh!!!

Anonymous said...

I think "Couch Potato" is projecting about what happens to his own bum, and can't relate to anyone who really sweats. Yes, the Broncos did poorly, but they'll get better. I record them so I can watch them on Mondays; it's so nice not to have to be a Clydesdale horse any more. Five years ago I was in the car on the way to work when the Trade Center towers got hit. We had to shut down much of our business to watch the telly. It was similiar to our reaction to JFK's assasination; we become immobilized. We won't forget these terrible tragedies that hit our country. You express yourself very well, Paul.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,